Friday, September 10, 2010

One week in

Okay so this morning I did my weigh in, just for kicks n' giggles, knowing that I hadn't lost any weight. I wasn't surprised but I was a tiny bit disappointed. I am okay with it though, because I feel good. I feel like what I am doing is making a difference in my energy level and it will eventually make a difference in how I look as well. I am not going to lie, this has not been super duper easy or anything. I work in an office with a bunch of ladies. Ladies that like to snack and bring goodies to work. In fact I was offered Oreos bright and early this morning when I walked in the door at 8:30 am. I was proud that I refused because I freaking love Oreos. It has been hard to tell my body that it doesn't need that snack around 2 or that cookie. I actually told myself (out loud) the other day that I didn't need a snack, I just needed to refill my water bottle. A little embarrassing, yes, but I don't think anyone heard me. I think my body is starting to catch on though. It seems to be getting easier to last from lunch to dinner without anything. Now all I have to do is avoid the goodies-laden receptionist desk. Wish me luck.

1 comment:

Brooke said...

Ashlee, I think it's great that you've been able to stick with this so far. I am so needing to follow your example. The other day I wanted a Dr. Pepper really bad and I said out loud to myself, "No Brooke. Be accountable." (I'm reading a book right now about personal accountability and how it can help you live the life you want by being in charge of your life and making conscious decisions about it - and not being a victim of your circumstances.)

Sorry, long comment.